I saw a segment on Jay Leno the other night where they quizzed youngsters on words from their parents generation and wondered how would young geeks of today fare against us older geeksters? Here’s a little quiz, answers in the comments, write down your answers so you can score yourself. It helps if you were a photo/audio/computer geek like me as some may be obscure. And no cheating by using Google, Yahoo, Wikipedia, etc. Wow, this list got long. There is some obfuscation but not much.
1. What’s the big deal about CrO2 and FeCr and what are they used for?
2. What kind of acid did photographers use in the darkroom?
3. What’s an Elcaset?
4. Why did photographers expose themselves to radioactive Polonium-210?
5. What’s FP4?
5. What’s ‘green light inspection’?
6. Why were you a rookie if you used a Paterson?
7. What’s Lynx and what was it used for (hint, it ain’t a cat)?
8. What’s a changing bag?
9. Why did The Beatles albums have ridges in the vinyl around the Apple logo?
10. What is a Black Apple?
11. Why does Positive and Reversal mean the same thing?
12. What’s a wetting agent?
13. What is a Bernoulli Box?
14. Why couldn’t you shoot Cibachrome in a 35mm camera?
15. What’s a pnote and what does that have to do with writings on Plato?
16. What’s a darkslide?
17. What does Edwal’s and nose grease have in common?
18. How could a hole puncher increase computer disk capacity?
19. What’s a B&H Cube and could it run rings around a carousel?
20. Which of these doesn’t belong with the others? Apple Krate, Sting Ray, Orange Krate, Strawberry Krate.