The perfect Keto sandwich. Two Chaffles for a bacon sandwich.
1/8-1/4 Cup Cheese
Beat the egg well. On a waffle iron sprinkle some shredded cheese on it, put some egg onto that, then another sprinkle of shredded cheese before closing. Cook for an appropriate amount of time for your waffle iron, mine took about 3 minutes. Sprinkling the cheese onto the iron instead of mixing it into the egg allows the outside to get a beautiful brown and crisp. I used a mix of Cheddar and Mozarella Cheeses. I put some crispy bacon and a bit of mayonnaise in this sandwich, I started eating it before remembering to take a photo because it was so good. This recipe makes about 2 Chaffles, I used closer to 1/8 cup of cheese. If you really like cheese you can add more.
After making ice cream recipes using eggs, heavy whipping cream, almond milk, rice milk and cashew milk I’ve finally settled on a concoction that is easy to make, requires no cooking and is vegan-friendly.
I use a coffee grinder to grind normal Erythritol into the powdered version. Using regular Erythritol is good but you’ll have a lot of undissolved granules of Erythritol crystals in the mix though still yummy. I’ve used imported Mt. Hagen instant coffee crystals but I think I like good old-fashioned Folgers Coffee Classic Roast crystals for taste.
Because this ice cream has both caffeine and MCT Oil in it I wouldn’t recommend this as a snack before bedtime as it may keep you awake. You could use decaf instant coffee instead if you are concerned with caffeine.
Keto Coffee Ice Cream – Vegan v4.0
By Baron Sekiya
Yield: Approx. 9 Half Cup servings
2 (13.5oz/400ml) Cans cold full fat coconut milk, shake before opening to mix
1/2 to 1 Cup Powdered Erythritol (if making non-keto version use 1 Cup Brown Sugar)
1/4 Cup instant coffee granules
2 Tbsp vanilla extract (non-alcohol version, imitation vanilla can be used)
2 Tbsp MCT Oil (liquid, not powder)
1/4 – 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
Make sure the freezer for your ice cream maker is well frozen at least 24 hours in advance.
1. Place coconut milk cans in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Add all ingredients except Salt and Xanthan Gum to the blender. Taste test the mixture and add up to 1/2 tsp of sea salt, if necessary. The sea salt brings out the sweetness in the sugar. Add Xanthan Gum which will create a thicker, creamier texture when frozen. Blend all together in your blender.
3. Turn on ice cream maker FIRST, then add the mixture into your ice cream maker and mix for about 30 minutes or until your ice cream turns into a soft-serve consistency.
4. Scoop ice cream into an ice cream container (or loaf pan lined with parchment paper), cover and freeze for an hour or two until the ice cream is completely frozen.
5. To eat make sure you leave the container out a few minutes to soften for easier scooping.
6. You can adjust the sweetness in case your choice of sweetener makes it too much/little in sweetness. Erythritol doesn’t dissolve in cold liquids so if you use the granular version it won’t be as smooth but I have used granular with success.
If your ice cream is too rock-hard out of the freezer and you don’t like to wait for it to soften add 1-2 Tbps Vodka when blending the ice cream mixture which will lower the freezing temperature of the ice cream.
If you want a Coconut-Vanilla Ice Cream just leave out the coffee.
You could also add-in pieces of fruit like strawberry chunks or blueberries or other fruit. You should add the fruit closer to the end of the churning so the ice cream maker doesn’t pulverize them.
Made a pair of Flaxmeal Crust Pizzas. One using Mozzarella Cheese and a second using Mozzarella and Feta Cheese. I’ve got to admit that the goat cheese topping was pretty darn good.
I ran out of flaxmeal so the personal sized pizzas lasted me a couple of meals. I’ve ordered a bulk supply of flaxmeal via Amazon and I’ll probably make a bunch of crusts, top them and vacuum seal them for freezing. That way anytime I want a pizza I can just take it out of the freezer and pop it into the toaster oven. Just as convenient as typical frozen pizza once the up-front prep work is done.
These pizzas are low-carb compared to their normal pizza cousins and they’re also high fiber.